Teacher of Students w/ Disabilities
|Title:||Teacher of Students w/ Disabilities|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Teacher of Students with Disabilities to join our Jardine Academy, providing high quality classroom instruction. This position offers the chance to be a part of our team approach to meeting each student's cognitive, social and developmental needs.
- Maintain and safeguard each family/student’s right to privacy, respect and confidentiality.
- Assess the needs of each student and participate in the development of each student’s Individualized Education Plan.
- Maintain a structured learning environment that is motivating and age appropriate.
- Create and implement lessons that are stimulating, high quality, and age appropriate and that address all IEP goals and objectives.
- Ensure the effective delivery of all educational and integrated therapeutic services
- Provide or ensure continuous supervision at all times.
- Oversee the monitoring of each student’s progress to assure that the prescribed program is meeting the needs of the student.
- Implement and supervise therapeutic feeding, positioning, splinting and augmentative communication programs for all assigned students as per individual plan(s).
- Maintain accurate notes on progress, lesson plans and other required monitoring data of each student.
- Effectively supervise paraprofessional staff.
- Assist in the orientation and ongoing support training for all team professional and para-professional staff.
- Attend and participate in conferences and workshops to document professional growth and development.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, directions and changes within the area of education of students with disabilities.
- NJ Certified Teacher of Students with Disabilities
- Highly Qualified Teacher as per NJ Department of Education
- Experience working with students with developmental disabilities
The Cerebral Palsy League is dedicated to providing a variety of high quality programs and services to assist persons who have developmental disabilities. The organization is committed to the philosophy of helping people with developmental disabilities to obtain their optimal level of functional independence, while maintaining their highest possible quality of life.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications
Cranford, New Jersey:
61 Myrtle Street / 75 Rod Smith Place,
Cranford, NJ 07016,
Union, New Jersey:
373 Clermont Terrace,
Union, NJ 07083
The Cerebral Palsy League is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Para ver este sitio en español haga clic aquí.