Direct Support Professional
|Title:||Direct Support Professional|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Full Time Direct Support Assistant to help the participants of our Adult Services program reach their maximum potential! Be a part of their daily activities that aim to enhance living and social skills, all while being a part of the community.
Monday - Friday, no nights or weekends
- Maintain and safeguard each family/participant’s right to privacy, respect and confidentiality.
- Provide continuous supervision to all assigned participants at all times.
- Be a participating member of the Program Team.
- Assist Program Director (Administrator) or designee as directed with implementation of individualized care plan and individualized habilitation plan for each participant.
- Assist Program Director (Administrator) or designee as directed in maintaining accurate required records.
- Implement therapeutic feeding, positioning, splinting and augmentative communication programs under the supervision of the Program Director (Administrator) or designee.
- Provide Gastrostomy tube feedings under the supervision of Program Nurse.
- Assist participants in performing self-care activities.
- Assist participants during transportation as directed.
- Attend and participate in appropriate conferences and workshops as approved.
- High School Diploma
- NJ State Department of Law and Public Safety Home Health Aide Certification
- Experience in working with participants with developmental disabilities and/or medical challenges
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and able to assist in a two-person lift of a child and/or adult. Must be able to do frequent bending, kneeling and sitting. Must be able to stand for multiple hours at a time.
- May be required to provide direct support services inside a CPL facility or as assigned in a community setting.
The Cerebral Palsy League is dedicated to providing a variety of high quality programs and services to assist persons who have developmental disabilities. The organization is committed to the philosophy of helping people with developmental disabilities to obtain their optimal level of functional independence, while maintaining their highest possible quality of life.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications
Cranford, New Jersey:
61 Myrtle Street / 75 Rod Smith Place,
Cranford, NJ 07016,
Union, New Jersey:
373 Clermont Terrace,
Union, NJ 07083
The Cerebral Palsy League is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Para ver este sitio en español haga clic aquí.