We are looking for a Registered Nurse to provide quality nursing services to participants of our Adult Services day program on an as needed per diem basis. Join the team of professionals dedicated to helping our participants reach their full potential!
Monday - Friday, as needed
No nights, weekends or holidays
- Provide direct nursing care by demonstrating technical skills and judgment, safely administering medications and treatments, and transcribing and implementing physicians' orders accurately.
- Maintain and safeguard each family/participant’s right to privacy, respect and confidentiality.
- Monitor clinical, behavioral and nutritional status for all participants.
- Document all aspects of health care in accordance with CPL and NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities requirements.
- Interact with direct support staff and other members of the team to ensure continuity of care and coordination of the service plan.
- Assist the Program Director (Administrator) with development and implementation of written objectives, standard of practices, policies and procedures.
- Interpret nursing care plans to other team members.
- Assess participant on an initial ongoing basis.
- Provide participant and families with information necessary to address their health situations.
- Ensure safety and welfare of all participants during emergency situations.
- Provide in-service training to acquaint program staff with relevant health topics and accepted treatment principles.
- Assist participants in activities of daily living and encourage appropriate self care.
- Provide instruction to participants and staff in health related matters.
- Perform additional related duties requested by the Program Director.
- Current NJ Registered Nurse license from an accredited Nursing School.
- At least one year experience in working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
The Cerebral Palsy League is dedicated to providing a variety of high quality programs and services to assist persons who have developmental disabilities. The organization is committed to the philosophy of helping people with developmental disabilities to obtain their optimal level of functional independence, while maintaining their highest possible quality of life.