|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a full time Registered Nurse in our Adult Services day program to meet the medical needs of our participants.
- Maintain and safeguard each family/participant’s right to privacy, respect and confidentiality.
- Assist the Program Director (Administrator) with development and implementation of written objectives, standard of practices, policies and procedures.
- Monitor clinical, behavioral and nutritional status for all participants.
- Provide direct nursing care by demonstrating technical skills and judgment, safely administering medications and treatments, and transcribing and implementing physicians' orders accurately.
- Document all aspects of health care in accordance with CPL and NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities requirements.
- Interact with direct support staff and other members of the team to ensure continuity of care and coordination of the service plan.
- Interpret nursing care plans to other team members.
- Assess participant on an initial ongoing basis.
- Provide participant and families with information necessary to address their health situations.
- Ensure safety and welfare of all participants during emergency situations.
- Provide in-service training to acquaint program staff with relevant health topics and accepted treatment principles.
- Assist participants in activities of daily living and encourage appropriate self care.
- Provide instruction to participants and staff in health related matters.
- Perform additional related duties requested by the Program Director.
- Current NJ Registered Nurse license from an accredited Nursing School
- At least one year experience in working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and able to assist in a two-person lift of a child and/or adult.
- Must be able to do frequent bending, kneeling and sitting.
The Cerebral Palsy League is dedicated to providing a variety of high quality programs and services to assist persons who have developmental disabilities. The organization is committed to the philosophy of helping people with developmental disabilities to obtain their optimal level of functional independence, while maintaining their highest possible quality of life.
Cranford, New Jersey:
61 Myrtle Street / 75 Rod Smith Place,
Cranford, NJ 07016,
Union, New Jersey:
373 Clermont Terrace,
Union, NJ 07083
The Cerebral Palsy League is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Para ver este sitio en español haga clic aquí.